Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Simplifying

Remember my post about calculating my paypal and realizing how significantly over budget I go each month? And how I was really trying to do good this month? And then Robin, who I am convinced is evil, put like 40 pages worth of goodies on 50% off for the GGG sale?

Really, I did good the first two weeks of sticking to my budget, but GGG almost killed me. But I was able to really ask myself, "Will using this make me happy or make me feel a little sick inside?" and I narrowed it down to two kits: Zoe's Cheeky Girl & Dani's Saturday Market. Plus I got one of Darcy's fonts and Zoe's Date Bits. It was right at 10 dollars ,which puts my total at $21 with ten days left in the month...

Until I realized that I might die if I don't have Lauren Grier & Jennifer Barratte's new kit. It is perfect for some of the photos I am rescrapping for Jack's album. I had to have it, so late last night I donwloaded it AND scrapped with it. I can't wait to use it again.

Off the Beaten Path
I can't believe those photos are two years old! Life has changed so much since then; life with a two year old is soooo much better than life with an infant, though I was quite fond of him back then, too. :)

I feel really good about my purchases this month, feeling good about the things I passed on, though I do still have ten days to go, and in my world, that is a loooong time.

I actually finished up that layout this morning at the office. On Mondays & Thursdays my helper comes in and I go to the office, where we do not have Internet. I am crazy productive on those days. Today was exceptionally productive; I even planned our menu for the next two weeks. Then I came home at 1, put dinner in the crock pot and left at 2 to go and teach at a make shift center in town. Tens of thousands of children are not able to go to school, so I love being able to help bring literacy into the lives of a few of them. I used to teach some kids that lived near our old apt, but I haven't gotten back into it since we moved. This situation is a great fit for me right now; I don't have to prepare anything--just show up, give of myself for a couple of hours and then go home feeling like I have made a difference.

I also threw together this layout at the office this morning, along with getting my inbox whittled down, doing some work for Joel and planning my menu...It's AMAzing how much better I function without being connected!
It is for the Pimp My Page Challenge at PC, and I used Miss Mint's newest free kit; aren't the colors fun?

Have a happy Monday! I hope yours is as productive as mine was!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Love the pages and isn't it so wonderful all the things we get done when not online. I feel like a whole new person when I have been off the computer for a couple days and my house always looks amzing on those days too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages Kellie! And good job on the $21 so far this month. You're doing great!

    I "waste" so much time on the internet. I need to follow your lead and disconnect for a couple of hours every now and then to really get stuff done! :|

    ReplyDelete