Sunday, September 6, 2009

Like Honey from the Rock

That's what they were singing when we walked into church today. (Totally not my fault we were late this time, btw. LSU had their first game of the season, and it interfered with our ability to leave on time.) I just COULD NOT sing along. That's about one of the worst lines I have ever heard in a song about Jesus. I thought maybe, even though we were singing in English, that somehow something had gotten lost in translation, so I googled it when I got home, and sure enough, it's a line straight from the Psalms.

Know what? Sometimes I have a hard time getting into the Psalms. There. I said it out loud. Mom, you can pray for me now. But it's true.

And I have to tell you, next time they play that wacked out song about Jesus being like honey from the rock, I still ain't gonna sing along. Cuz that just don't mean squat to me.

But we also sang "Days of Elijah", and I sang so loud & didn't care at all what folks thought, and to be honest, folks probably didn't even notice how off key I was cuz well, I don't wanna say folks up in there can't sing, but let's just say I ain't outta place. And I LOVE that about our church! :)

It started off a bad day; Joel swiped my computer to watch the game, so I was forced to do domestic things...like make Deceptively Delicious Banana Bread with rolled oat struedel (SO delicious!), wash two loads of laundry, make music videos with the kids, and wash five thousand dishes. Despite my initial withdrawal, it turned out to be a nice morning.

I think this might be my most favorite layout ever:

Click here for credits

I used one of Cindy''s templates, so it took me like four days to finish, but it was SO worth it! Is he not the absolute cutest little fella you've ever seen? (of the ones you are not related to, i mmean)

I totally recommend picking up Chasing Rainbows by Zoe if you don't already have it. I am trying to decide what I MUST have from the sale, and if I didn't already own this one, it would be at the top of my list!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Days of Elijah! And I can so relate to not wanting to sing songs with crazy words!

    The LO is great. I've got that kit and haven't used it yet, but it's on the agenda for this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that LO Kellie!! I too love the Days of Elijah song. My parents church sings it all the time when we visit.

    ReplyDelete