Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

I feel offended that this is what my answers to four questions says about me, especially since I answered the only question regarding Jesus in the affirmative, but here it is:



You Are Jelly Beans



For you, Easter is all about fun and sweet treats. None of that Jesus dying on a cross stuff!



Well, maybe it's true in a way. Easter isn't so much about Jesus dying on the cross as it is about GOD RAISING HIM FROM THE DEAD and my sins being forgiven because of his sacrifice.

When I was growing up, we'd go out to my dad's mom's house in the country after church for a big lunch and an Easter egg hunt. There are six of us who were born in an eight year period, almost one a year, so it was always fun going out to Granny's. I really, really miss it. :(

But I did dye eggs with the kids this year, and they loved it. Sunday morning we hid the eggs in their bedroom, and they had to find them all before we opened their presents. (one each, plus a cute little notebook & pen per child, we're NOT extravagant, lol). After that we all went to McDonald's for breakfast and then to church. It was a nice day, though I would have rather been home with my family.

I didn't even get a picture of the boys all dressed up, and now Jack got his head shaved, so the pictures won't look right even if I did dress them up now. Oh well. I'm sure there will be future opportunities to dress up my children.

I leave you with these sweet faces. HAGD!

No comments:

Post a Comment